Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 7: Lazy Stew!

I'm apologizing in advance because Lazy Stew is... well... *shrug*. I said I'd cook in the kitchen at least once a day. And today, I cooked lunch...but forgot to take pictures. It was a thing of beauty too... tuna, peas, mac n' cheese. Simple and tasty. No microwaving involved.

For dinner? Instead of ordering takeout, I went back into the kitchen... and made Lazy Stew.

Lazy Stew

I wasn't kidding when I called it that.

This is, to me, the easiest, laziest dinner I ever make. Seriously. Even sandwiches take more work.

Two "ingredients" (and I use the term in the loosest possible sense:

A can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew
A bag of TJ's Organic Brown Rice

That's it.

The stew has beef and potatoes and carrots and sauce. The rice, well, is my pathetic half-hearted attempt to make it ... healthy-ish.

And to add insult to injury, I didn't even take the pictures with my regular camera. I took them with my iPhone. *hangs head*

So, you take the stew and put it in a big plastic bowl. Then you add the rice to it. You mix it all together and pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes. Stir when it beeps and put it in for another 3 minutes.

Let it cool. Dish it out. And Voila.

Lazy Stew is served.

Now, I know I'm not the only one with a dish like this that you roll out on those days where you're just wanting to eat and either have no free cookware OR you just don't feel like making more of an effort.

Lemme hear it, y'all. What's your go-to lazy meal? I can't be alone in this!

~Snarkstress

No comments:

Post a Comment