Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 5: Fish In A Flash!

Tonight, I went simple and pulled out our go-to *mostly* healthy fish-based meal.

Fish In A Flash (aka What Snarkstress Makes When Hungry Yet Too Tired To Really Whip Something Up)!


I think this is where I need to mention that I said at the beginning of this blog that I would cook once a day in the kitchen. I did *not* say it would be from scratch. Just putting that out there before I begin tonight. Because sometimes, it really does only take a few minutes to throw something together that satisfies.

As you can see, the ingredients are very, very simple:
Gorton's lemon pepper grilled fish fillets
French style canned green beans
Trader Joe's Rice Medley (seriously, this stuff is amazingly good, and super healthy. Best of all? 3 minutes in the microwave and you've got grains.)

Not pictured: butter and bacon bits. For the beans.

I'm sure you've already figured out that I'm not pic spamming this post because, really, there's no need to. This is a simple, healthy go-to meal that we have, I'd guesstimate at least once a week. And it's damned tasty.

20 minutes in the preheated 400-degree oven (as per box instructions) on a foil lined cookie sheet. Tip: if you are not baking your fish on foil lined sheets, you are making your life much more difficult than it has to be.

3 minutes for the rice. 3 minutes for the beans. Put it all in a bowl and voila! A healthy dinner that's ready to go in no time at all. I suppose you could make it healthier by, say, getting your own fish and seasoning it, baking it the same way. Fresh green beans, sans butter and bacon. Freshly cooked brown rice (quinoa, barley, whatever floats your grainy boat). I've been known to do that myself. But tonight? Tonight I wanted convenient, tasty, and quick.

What recipes do you consider go-to faves? I'd love to hear about 'em.

Enjoy!

~Snarkstress

No comments:

Post a Comment