Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 26: Krazy Kale!

Kale chips are taking supermarkets by storm, it seems, but I'm loathe to pay as much as they're asking for. So when I saw this recipe pop up on my Pinterest, I had to try it. 

Krispy, Krazy Kale

I wasn't planning to photograph this one, so the pictures are few, but it's such a simple recipe it's not like there NEEDS to be a ton of pictures.

Ingredient Roundup:

* Kale (I just used one head)

* Olive oil

* Sea salt and/or optional seasonings (like... cajun)
Preheat the oven to 350 and get your baking sheets out.

As you can see above, you're going to just tear the kale into bite sized pieces, getting rid of any stems or hard bits.

Pop the pieces into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands and get those leafies coated, then spread them out on your baking sheets in a single layer and lightly dust with salt and/or any other seasonings you might want to put on there.
Into the oven for 10-12 minutes or so, just until they get crispy, then bag 'em and nosh.

They are seriously as addictive as chips or popcorn. But SO much healthier (provided you watch that salt) for you.

Yummeh!

~Snarkstress

No comments:

Post a Comment