Saturday, February 8, 2014

Day 39: Crispy, Crunchy Chickpeas!

Whether you call them Chickpeas or Garbonzo beans, these little morsels of legumy goodness are just chock full of protein and other good stuff. And as a person who has less of a sweet tooth and more of a salty, crunchy kinda toothage, when I came across this recipe, I knew I had to give them a try. 

Crispy Oven Chickpeas

This is quite possibly one of the easiest recipes I've ever done. And yet...

Ingredient Roundup: 

*Can o' Garbanzo Beans 

*Salt & Pepper

*Garlic & Onion Powders

*Olive oil

Drain/rinse beans. Put it all in a bowl and toss to coat.

Really. That's it.

Well, I mean as prep work anyway. 

Then you pull out your baking pan and parchment paper (this is why I keep P-Paper on hand, btw, because you never know when you're going to need it). 

And then you spread 'em. The beans. Out on the pan. Atop the paper.

Into the pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 40-50 minutes or so. Keep an eye on them and stir occasionally so they get muy crispy on all sides. 

And when they're done, pull 'em out and let them cool before devouring. 

These things were so tasty, I didn't get any "after" shots because we were too busy gnoshing on them. 

Enjoy!

~Snarkstress

No comments:

Post a Comment